You might be an ER worker if:
- your favorite hallucinogen is exhaustion.
- discussing dismemberment over a gourmet meal seems perfectly normal to you.
- you think that caffeine should be available in IV form.
- you get an almost irresistible urge to stand and wolf your food even in the nicest restaurants.
- you believe the waiting room should be equipped with a Valium fountain.
- you say to yourself “great veins” when looking at complete strangers.
- you believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if anyone says, “Boy it is quiet around here.”
- you have ever referred to someone’s death as a transfer to the “Eternal Care Unit”.
- you have ever had a patient say, “But I’m not pregnant, I can’t be pregnant. How can I be having a baby?”
- you have ever had a patient look you straight in the eye and say “I have no idea how that got stuck in there”.
- your most common assessment question is “what changed tonight to make it an emergency after 6 (hours, days, weeks, months, years)?”
If you enjoyed these, don’t forget to bookmark this site, share it with a friend, and go see if there’s something you might need at our advertiser’s website. It’s the right thing to do. :>)